January 03, 2012

Merry Belated Christmas!

Putting our Christmas decorations away is always bitter sweet.  I love how cozy the house feels with decorations and white lights throughout, but I also love how clean and spacious it feels when you take them all down!  The craziness of the holidays got the best of me so I am way late posting pics.  Before I start packing up all things Christmas and sending them up to the attic for another year, here is a quick glimpse of a my favorite decorations in the house. 

Our mantel....



It is the first year to have an actual stair railing to decorate.  See last Christmas's staircase makeover here.

Our cherished Christmas cards from family and friends on our pantry doors.  I think I will leave these up for a while longer.


While my dining room centerpiece isn't one of my favorites....the little monkey on the right is (even though he just rolled a glass ornament across the table and onto the floor).
The first Christmas we were married, I hung a picture of our new family of two onto the tree.  Each year, I added our latest family photo.  Eight years and two kids later, this collection is by far my favorite thing to hang up each year. 

Merry belated Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!
Thanks:)