April 24, 2013

Quick Tip Tuesday- Peace Out Paint Rollers


I have painted more than my fair share of rooms in my lifetime.  I have a major love/hate relationship with painting.  It is by far the quickest and least expensive way to transform a space, but it can also be a huge pain in the arse.  Because I have a short attention span and thrive on instant gratification, I like to get things done as fast as possible.  Painting can be time consuming so I am always looking for a shortcut.

When painting large areas, most people use a paint roller.  I despise them!  I find them really messy and I always end up splattered in paint by the time I am finished.  They don't really give you even coverage so you almost always have to do two coats of paint.  With so many projects on my to do list, I certainly ain't got time for that!

So I have ditched all of my rollers and I now only use paint pads.
Home Depot

They are SO much easier!  The paint goes on evenly and I rarely have to do a second coat.  They use much less paint too.  This week, I painted an entire 11'x12' bedroom and only needed one gallon.

For a while, the pads were hard to find.  I would get them at Wal-Mart (where I first discovered them) and later found them at Home Depot.  Now they have them at Lowe's too.  You have to make sure you are getting the "PAINT" pad and not the "DECK" or "STAIN" pad.


I hope this quick tip makes your next painting project easier.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!
Thanks:)